Upcycling an older dresser

It doesn’t look like, but it definitely feels like spring. When your fingertips are itching to refurnish the living room or any other room 🙂 I decided to throw out a dresser in a childs room because it was falling apart. On its way out I took a closer look at it. Some colourful knobs might be a nice idea… Decided to take it apart and see if it could be saved. It could. And while it was laying there in its pieces, I thought that a touch of paint wouldn’t hurt. Diving down into the paint-leftovers I did find some white. I sanded it down outside, taking advantage of the beautiful weather. Gave it 2 coats of paint and lacquered the top 3 times to make it a bit more scratch proof. Fastened the new handles/knobs and voilà: a beautiful ‘new’ dresser. Did I mention that I had to fasten almost every single screw in the dresser? No wonder I had the impression it was falling apart…

Before:

Image

After:

Image

Also very useful as a table:

Image

Now it’s the pride of my sewing room. And yes, it is almost full 😦

Advertisements

2 comments

  1. yourothermotherhere · · Reply

    I’ve never seen a dresser with different pulls on it before and such cool ones at that…!

    1. Thank you 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: